1300 SW 5th Ave
Portland, OR 97201
As Lindsay Hart’s man in Washington, D.C., Peter Friedmann represents a variety of national and multinational companies, state and local governments, legislative coalitions, and trade associations. He specializes in helping clients impacted by federal regulation, legislation and federal agency actions.
He served as Legislative Counsel to U.S. Senator Bob Packwood (Oregon) in 1979. Also, Peter has served as Senior Counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation from 1980-1986.
He helped draft and enact legislation, including:
- Ocean Shipping Act of 1984
- Foreign Trade Zone amendments
- International investment tax incentives
- Alternative energy and conservation tax credits
- Maritime infrastructure tax incentives
- International treaty implementation legislation
Peter also organized a congressional trade mission to Korea.