Lindsay Hart is a leading firm in the Pacific Northwest for the representation of long-term care providers, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, memory care facilities, hospice and home health, and individual administrators, nurses, and therapists. We work with the largest national operators to the smallest independent communities.
Over the years, our attorneys have gained a comprehensive knowledge of this highly-regulated industry. This allows to us to develop effective defenses against an ever-growing assortment of claims, including wrongful death, survival, and elder abuse. Our attorneys are not afraid to take these cases to trial, as they have received many defense verdicts in jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations in long-term care cases in both Oregon and Washington.
Our work in this field has included:
• Defense of personal injury and wrongful death claims.
• Defense of resident claims under the Fair Housing Act and other discrimination laws.
• Assistance and representation on a variety of employer-employee issues, including discrimination claims, wage-and-hour claims, and non-competition/non-solicitation disputes.
• Assistance with state regulatory matters, including licensing disputes, deficiency findings, and certificate of need adjudications.
• Representation of professionals before state licensing boards, adult protective services departments, and administrative law judges.
• Assistance with move-out notices and eviction proceedings.
Our attorneys are also active with a variety of professional organizations relating to the long-term care industry, including the Oregon Health Care Association. To find out how we can help you with your needs, contact one of our experienced long-term care attorneys.
© 2022 Lindsay • Hart, LLP